By Terry's Fall 2012 collection inspiration are dark velvety colours with rich textures and a complete disregard by the "rule" that you should tone down your lips if you play up the eyes. So far, so good since I don't enjoy rules that much and I like my purples. The looks are all very compelling (check them here) so I was looking forward to looking at the items in person.
The collection include new nail lacquers, new rouge terrybly lipsticks, new ombre blackstar eyeshadows and a new terrybly mascara. Today I'll show you the lipsticks. They are probably the only items in the collection that are really suitable for a transition between summer and autumn. Well, maybe the mascara as well.
These rouge terrybly lipsticks are the matte version but most of them have a satin-like finish with very subtle sheen:
- 400 21 Véro-Dodat - bright coral with a sheen, this is perfect for summer.
- 401 Guilty Nude - matte nude with a coral undertone, very flattering.
- 402 Red Ceremony - true red with a sheen, I think this would easily suit most skin tones.
- 403 Bare Instinct - rosy nude, this is the mattest of all the shades, with enough rose to keep it wearable and enough brown to still be classified as a nude.
- 404 Carnal Attraction - sheeny wine-purple, perfect for vampy lips without going too black - this is my favourite of the lot!
|Rouge Terrybly lipsticks for Fall 2012|
All in all, I really liked the colours but maybe trying them out on such a hot day as yesterday was not ideal. It was very hard for me to feel excited about autumn, dark makeup. Maybe later in the year I'll go back for #404.
Are you already excited with the A/W makeup?
Thank you for reading :-)